Monday, March 23, 2009

With church being in the afternoon, I have been feeling a little dissatisfied with my Sunday mornings. So after reading an article in 'The Friend' about a family doing Sunday Stations, we decided we'd give it a go. So we do 10 minute stations and then rotate. It was great.









Station #1: Write an email or letter to a family member or friend.









Station #2: For Lucy it was drawing something uplifting, this week she drew a picture of the family being together forever. For the the boys they will work on their Religious Knot for scouting, and for Emily she will work on her Personal Progress.










Station #3: Writing in your journal










Station #4: Reading something uplifting with mum, either The Friend or New Era.

5 comments:

Tiffany and hers said...

I saw that idea and loved it- just never got around to it. I guess I should try it.

BTW (by the way), Loved your talk!

Katie said...

Love this idea. I will have to try it out with the boys.

Shannon said...

Love the idea too... I will try it when things settle down a little.

Caroline said...

Great idea! By the way - your time stamp on those pictures is a little off...;)

The Ensign in March also had loads of good ideas for getting your kids excited for General Conference!

Mac said...

Caroline - you should have been a detective. I didn't set my time stamp - as you can see, and Oliver pointed it out, but he notices everything. I figured no one else would notice. I should have known ;o)