Monday, March 30, 2009

Be Prepared!

For many years now I have known the importance of food storage and generally getting prepared for whatever life throws at you. But knowing the importance and actually doing anything about it are two very different things. It possibly hasn't helped with us moving countries and having to leave the food that we have built up behind. But when we moved to the states at the end of 2005, I felt a real urge to get my food storage started. Honestly, I felt a little overwhelmed and didn't really know where to begin. That has always been my biggest problem. I see the end result - and know I need to achieve it, but forget that I don't need to do it all in one day.

So I started small. Buying extra stuff each week and if we did get any spare money, Oliver and I decided to put it into buying more for our storage. And I can see that we have been blessed. Our storage is getting bigger slowly but surely.

You don't need to be a Latter Day Saint (Mormon) to believe in getting prepared for the future. It is purely common sense, as our economic times are telling us. But our church has been telling its members and anyone else who is willing to listen to get their lives in order, to get out of debt and get in a 3 months supply of the foods that they normally eat and a years worth of long-term foods such as wheat and rice and beans.

Anyway, the church certainly practices what it preaches as this article shows. If you want more information on our views or help getting started please send me a comment and I'll do my best to get more info. I feel so strongly about this and just want the world to know.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/629338.html

No comments: