Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Treat yourself

I find that when I look too far ahead - I get discouraged. For example, if I think about jogging every day for the rest of my life, I just want to sleep. So, I am slowly learning to take it one day at a time.

I did jog again this morning - and although I am walking like John Wayne, I'm glad I did it.

I am finding - as I draw nearer to 40 that I need more balance in my life; hence the jogging. Exercise has never really been a part of my life, and not one that comes naturally to me. But another area that I am trying to improve in, is my general health and the way I look.

I don't like spending a lot of money on beauty products - as I don't think they work. But here is a routine I am getting in to and I find that for me, I am seeing the benefits.

So this morning, before getting into the shower, I heated up a 1/4 cup of olive oil and over the sink, I poured it over my dry hair. I massage it into my scalp and hair. Now for a 'deep' moisturising experience, you can wrap a warm towel around your head and keep it on for 20 minutes. I didn't have time this morning. So after massaging it in my hair for a minute I washed it out thoroughly and then conditioned my hair as normal. (I have done this on my girls hair too, with great results.)

Then I use equal portions of olive oil and brown sugar, and in the shower I use it as a facial scrub. I have to be gentle because it is very abrasive - but it is excellent. The dry patches that I used to have on my face (that would show up most when I had put foundation on), are now completely gone.

I didn't do it this morning, but a few times a week, I heat up honey and put it on my face and leave it on for about 1/2 an hour.

I have combination skin and I found that my overall skin condition is a lot more even. But I don't know if it is the scrub or the honey, but I have to presume it is a combination of the two.

For some, this may be nothing new - but to be honest, I wish someone had told me about this years ago!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Way to go on jogging two days in a row. Now you're accountable to your blog readers...I'll be checking up on you ;)

Tiffany and hers said...

Interesting info girl! and yay for you on jogging!

Jaime said...

I'm Tiffany's sister, I hope you don't mind me checkin your blog. I really liked the post about women's book and quotes! Also the funny post about the grocery store. Blog looks great, keep up good work:)

Mac said...

Jaime, I'm thrilled that you checked out my blog. I'm sure I'll be returning the favour and checking out yours!!

have a great day