Monday, March 16, 2009

Sometimes you should just stay in bed!

Just popped into Harris Teeter to grab some fruit and veg. There was another gentleman at the apples along side me. I turned and put my bananas in my trolley and continued choosing some juicy green apples. He said 'excuse me'. Well I could see I wasn't in his way, and he wasn't in mine - so I just said 'no problem'. Then he said 'excuse me', again, 'but your putting your food into my trolley'. We both laughed, and I apologised. I transferred my stuff from his trolley to mine. Then he said 'actually, your taking my food too'.

I knew I shouldn't have exercised this morning!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Joanne - did he really say 'you're putting your food in my trolley'? Did you do your grocery shopping across the pond? I can't say I've ever heard anyone refer to their shopping cart that way, a buggy yes, trolley no. ;)

Mac said...

What I did forget to mention was that the guy was English. Small world. So, yes he did say 'trolley'. He didn't have a brilliant English accent - I guess he must have been here a while, but as soon as I heard the world 'trolley' I guess I should have known.

Caroline said...

Oh well don't I feel sheepish now! There I go trying to call you out and I was wrong...no matter. I love hearing your englishisms!

Mac said...

you're forgiven!

Katie said...

Great post! I am enjoying your blog.

I still can't get used to calling the cart a "buggy" like the southerners here. I think much prefer trolley.

Mac said...

Hey Katie

Great hearing from you!!

I just have to figure out how to add your blog to mine so I can keep up with you! There's so much I need to learn!