Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tribute to my best friend

This is absolutely my last blog of the day. I DO HAVE A LIFE YA KNOW!!!!

This morning I misplaced $400. Not a sum to be sniffed at. I searched the whole house. Every nook and cranny. It was no-where to be found. Oliver has been telling me for months that he isn't too confident that I have so much cash around. He's concerned that it might get lost or stolen. So with a little trepidation, I went down to the basement (he works from home) and told him of my dilemna.

His reaction was, 'Oh dear'. (very English). But even after saying that, he apologised and said, "sorry, I didn't mean to sound condescending". (which he didn't).

After almost 14 years of marriage - I want to say how I appreciate that I can approach my husband about my mistakes. Of course we've had to work at these things, just like any other couple. But his reaction made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I felt bad enough about what I had done - without someone else bearing down on me.

I love you Oliver and just wanted the world to know that you are a good man and I'm glad you're mine!!!!

As a little addition - I just found the money! PHEW

4 comments:

Unknown said...

$400 - I thought you said $4!!!!



Nah, just joking.

Hey when you're married to a perfect lady, it's easy to be nice :-)

Katie said...

What a great reaction! Very sweet story.

And I glad you found it!

Caroline said...

It always seems that we end up being hardest on ourselves! Oh and if this wasn't motivation to start using plastic - well not sure what would be...;)

Tiffany and hers said...

Phew is right!! I love happy endings!