Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Green Frogs

My hubby says that a person should 'swallow a green frog every morning'. For those who are as confused as I was when I first heard him say it - he means get one of your jobs done early, that you just don't want to, but should. Well, Oliver is away in Germany at the moment, and whilst the 'cat is away, the mice will play' so to speak, and I got this urge to watch Twilight. I never ever watch tv during the day. In fact, I would get rid of the TV if I could. But, this was a big urge - so I went and rented it. But my conscience, being a lot bigger than my husbands - who really wouldn't have cared if I had watched it or not, I decided that I had to swallow some green frogs before my relaxation began.

So the jobs that have been weighing on my mind were the vegetable plot, and the basement. Aaaaagghhh, does no-one pity me?!?!?!? Especially the basement. All the skirting boards (baseboards) need painting, two doors, the bathroom ceiling and a window frame. And just look at my veggie plot!!

So yesterday I donned my 'wellies' and went to work in the garden. As you can see in less than one hour, I had finished the top part of the plot. (Ooh, Oliver will probably read this - soooo...., in less than 4 hours I had finished the top part of the plot). I was very impressed. Then I went to the basement and taped all the things that need painting. Along with the usual homey things that a mum does each day - you know, the kitchen after the kids have left, the washing in, washing out, washing away, and vacuuming the living room - I sat down conscience free to watch Twilight!

So I thought I would commit myself to anyone who actually reads this stuff - that I will get some of my green frogs eaten today and will begin painting. (But honestly, I have learned that having someone chew on a frog with you is so much easier than doing it alone). Therefore, I am really missing Oliver right now.





8 comments:

Shannon said...

You make me laugh. Could you come do some green frogs for me-- I have too many!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

I love painting but not walls. GOod job!!!And the garden is looking great :)

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing my office painted and reaping all the vegetables that I have not sown.

I have a tough life huh!

Thanks sweat-pea.

(but I seriously don't mind you watching movies - esp. if they are chick flicks)

Tiffany and hers said...

Garden looks great!! We just did ours too. I'm about to post it.

Mac said...

Looking forward to seeing your garden Tiff!! Did your grapes turn out last year? Wondering whether to try some this year?

Mac said...

Hey Shannon - as soon as I have a few of my frogs under control - I'll be right over ;o)

Katie said...

Good for you for getting those things done first!

I think I am going to wake up every morning now thinking about my green frogs.

Mac said...

Katie Coleman - don't you go trying to leave sweet comments on my blog to make up for what you did to me on your blog!!! It just won't work! ;o)