Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Love Lucy

When our family were living in NZ - we had just had our 3rd child, OJ. I remember one evening, not long after OJ was born, discussing whether or not we would have a fourth child. I was thinking there was probably another one waiting; Oliver wasn't so sure. Anyway, the decision was kind of taken out of our hands, because as we were having this discussion, I, all of a sudden felt nauseous, ran upstairs and threw up. I was already pregnant with Lucy.

Lucy has been a character ever since she came out! She has really made her mark on our family and we love her to bits. But talk about a girl with her own mind.














Anyway, today was 'get your flippin bedrooms tidy, day'. Emily, 12 and already a working woman, wasn't around as she was babysitting a neighbours children. Joseph had his room done in about an hour and a half. OJ wasn't too far behind - he was done in about 2 hours. Lucy was painfully slow. I was so tempted to go in and do it for her. But I figured she would never learn to pick up after herself if I did. So I left her to it.

She would flit around the house, get drinks, chat with her brothers, tease her brothers, complain she was hungry - even fold the towels and laundry for me, as a 'surprise', which was wonderful. But getting her to do her room was almost impossible. Anyway, after about 5 hours - she had done a fairly decent job, so I went in and we finished up together.













Lucy and OJ decided to sleep in OJ's room tonight so they could play Uno. So I went in to her bedroom to put a toy in her drawer under her bed. And there I discovered her little secret.

If you're going to be sneaky enough to shove everything under your bed and in your bedside cabinet - why let it take 5 hours?




2 comments:

Emily Anne Leyland said...

hahahaha- she and my Chloe are twins. We did the same thing today too and boy is it exhausting watching them not get anything done. Grrrr :)

Katie said...

Joanne, before you even got to the end I knew exactly what she did with the mess because I always did the same thing! I would take five hours to clean my room, only to shove it under my bed and into my closet. (And you have seen my closet today -guess I haven't grown up that much!!) To my mom, and to you - I'm sorry!!!

Oh, and I don't know your Lucy very well at all, but every time I see her I smile because she is so adorable.