Monday, May 18, 2009

This is how Oliver (son, not husband) spent his Sunday evening. Well done Oliver!!! (I just don't have the patience)

He was doing this whilst I read to the family.














This is the book that we are reading. All life has stopped. We had snacks when we got home from church so that we wouldn't have to take long eating or cleaning up afterwards. House is in chaos. But we can't stop reading. I catch the kids trying to read on - and they catch me. We have all now given a solemn promise that we will be patient and only read together!! But it is killing us all - because life has a way of moving on, and all the Lawals want to do right now is read read read.













I highly recommend this book to everyone and anyone. If you like Fantasy, then no matter what your age - this is the book for you. I am 39 and my youngest child is 7 and we are all engrossed.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVED IT! Best of his books by far. But, the ending is so surprising and little upseting. I will give nothing away, but is shocked me! Let me know when you are done, so I can discuss...

Katie said...

How fun for you and the kids! I have heard very good things about it. I am starting "These Is My Words" tomorrow!

Tiffany and hers said...

Adorable!! I just love your family!

Jamie Martin said...

What a good family activity. We will definitely have to check it out!!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

I am interested in reading that to my kids now. Sounds great. I hope you got me email. ;)