Thursday, August 13, 2009

One Week in Paradise

People may mock our not so pristine 2005 Dodge Caravan. But it managed to tote 6 people, 6 bikes, 4 buggy boards and a weeks worth of food from Fort Mill to Edisto Island, in relative comfort I might add!














With England not being such a large country; family holidays for me usually meant an hours drive, with at least 3 stops on the way to eat the sandwiches mum had made for the journey. So by the time we had traveled a whole 3 hours, we were all pretty wasted. So my first port of call was the hammock. I actually lay there for over an hour before I was discovered. I don't know if I have ever felt so relaxed. Of course, once the kids found out my little secret, I didn't get a smell in.













This was the view from the hammock as I lay looking over my feet. But then I looked up and about 2 feet above my head was a black and white spider the size of my hand. Unfortunately, I wasn't about to hang around for a photo shoot with the little fellow.













Not a lot to report, quite honestly. The pictures speak for themselves. We have spent hours each day being beach bums. Perhaps that's why I am loving this holiday so much.






5 comments:

Katie said...

Awww, looks like the perfect vacation. Glad you had a great time.

Ina said...

Are they watching a movie in the car? It does not seem to be right one for a Teenager! :-)

Mac said...

Yes - can't you tell by the vacant look on their faces!! ;o)

Tiffany and hers said...

Yes, looks like a blast!! Why wasn't I invited? lol

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!